WINTER BLUEBERRY COBBLER: As seen on Take Five & Company
We ran out of time!!! Four minutes goes so fast! For those of you who were watching Take Five & Company Thursday, my blueberry cobbler was the dessert. I think you got a glimpse of it. Here is the step-by-step recipe for this winter-perfect blueberry cobbler!
Oh me oh my this picture makes me want to dive right in. Blueberry cobbler with an oatmeal crust and topping is a perfect dessert for a cold winter night! This dessert is a great way to use those blueberries you picked this summer and froze. And I love, love, love this recipe because it has the same ingredients for both the crust and the topping!
In a large bowl mix flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, salt, cinnamon and butter. Mix until it has a course consistency.
Place half of the mixture on the bottom of your baking dish and pat it down.
Add flour and sugar to your blueberries.
Place in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!!
Blueberry Cobbler with Oatmeal Crust & Crumb Topping
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
• 4 cups frozen blueberries
• ½ cup sugar
• ¼ cup flour
• 2 sticks softened butter
• 2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cup quick (not old-fashioned) rolled oats
• 1 ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place blueberries in a bowl and add the sugar and flour.
3. Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a different bowl. Add butter into flour mixture until it is chunky with pieces resembling small peas.
4. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
5. Pour half of the flour mixture into the baking pan and pat lightly creating a crust.
6. Pour blueberry mixture on top of crust.
7. Top with the remaining flour mixture
8. Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve at once, with vanilla ice cream, if desired.