SNOW POPCORN: A Perfect Party Dessert
SNOW POPCORN: Melted white chocolate, popcorn, toasted coconut & toasted almonds…DELICIOUS! This dessert is perfect for a dessert table for a large holiday party or for movie night with the family. Not only are the flavors fantastic but the textures delight the mouth; melted, creamy, sweet white chocolate, the saltiness of the popcorn, and the crunch of the toasted coconut and almonds…YUM!!
And don’t you just love this repurposed pedestal bowl. Thanks to Sheryl & Lisa I have several of these for my Christmas Party Dessert Table. They are so easy to make:
REPURPOSED PEDESTAL STANDS
- Retro Pie tin (Look at Goodwill or The Salvation Army stores)
- Strong Glue (get at your local craft store)
- Spray paint (if you want to change the color of your candlestick)
- Spray paint the candle stick if you want to change the color. Let dry
- Place glue on candlestick and place tin on top.
- Turn upside down (tin on bottom and candlestick on top) so the tin can adhere to the candlestick.
- Let sit overnight for the glue to set.
What a fun gift to give! Make the pedestal bowl, fill it with snow popcorn, cover it with cellophane, tie a bow around the top and, voila, perfect Christmas gift!
SNOW POPCORN w/White Chocolate, Kettle Corn, Toasted Coconut & Almonds
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 20 min
• 13 oz package white chocolate chips
• 8 cups kettle corn popped
• 2 cups coconut
• 1 cup almonds
1. Toast coconut in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, stirring the coconut several times through out the toasting period
2. Toast almonds in 350 degree oven for 5 minutes
3. Spread pre-popped popcorn on baking sheet that has been covered with tinfoil to prevent sticking.
4. Melt white chocolate in double boiler whisking continually until smooth and creamy. White chocolate burns quickly so do not leave it unattended.
5. Pour melted white chocolate on popcorn and mix quickly before the chocolate cools.
6. Add the coconut and almonds and mix again.
You can add pretzels, m&ms, etc instead of coconut and nuts…whatever you want!